Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2009

learning to dance in the rain



i have learned to dance in the rain.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass .....
It's about learning to dance in the rain (vivian greene)

To dance in the rain is

to be grateful

for the trials i am going through
for the sufferings untold
for disappointments and frustrations.

to smile when my heart is aching

to continue walking despite the pain.

to put my trust in GOD.


WEATHER REPORT
~BJ Gallagher


"Any day I'm vertical
is a good day"
...that's what I always say.

If you ask me,
"How are you?"

I'll answer, "GREAT!"
because in saying so,
I make it so.

When Life gives me dark clouds and rain,
I appreciate the moisture
that brings a soft curl to my hair.

When Life gives me sunshine,
I gratefully turn my face up
to feel its warmth on my cheeks.

When Life brings fog,
I hug my sweater around me
and give thanks for the cool shroud of mystery
that makes the familiar seem different and intriguing.

When Life brings snow,
I dash outside to catch the first flakes on my tongue,
relishing the icy miracle that is a snowflake.

Life's events and experiences
are like the weather -
they come and go,
no matter what my preference.

So, what the heck?!
I might as well decide to enjoy them.

For indeed,
there IS a time for every purpose
under Heaven.

And each season brings its own unique blessings.

No comments: