i stumbled upon the website of debtors anonymous, and pondered upon the following steps:
12 Steps of Debtors Anonymous
1. We admitted we were powerless over debt--that our
lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves
could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over
to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human
being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these
defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became
willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever
possible, except when to do so would injure them or
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we
were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve
our conscious contact with God as we understood Him
praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the
power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of
these steps, we tried to carry this message to
compulsive debtors, and to practice these principles
in all our affairs.
Reprinted with permission, from Debtors Anonymous
General Service Board
Visit the website of Debtors Anonymous www.debtorsanonymous.org