Tuesday, June 16, 2009
reminder - Say no to impulse buying
On Impulse Buying
This is one cause of overspending. I seldom go
to malls to avoid temptations. Advertisers are
luring consumers desire for instant gratification,
urging us to buy their products so we will feel
good about ourselves.
before i decide to buy , i remind myself to take
the buying self test to determine whether it
would be a wise decision and delay the purchase,
often i end up not purchasing it anymore.
here is the buying self test suggested by
Consumer Credit Counselling of Sacramento,
1. Do I really need this?
2. Is the price reasonable?
3. Is this the best time of the year to buy?
4. If this is bargain, is it current or suitable
5. If its on sale, is the price a true sale?
6. Am i sure no-less expensive item can be
7. Am I sure there are no major disadvantages?
8. If excessive in price, will it truly satisfy an
9. Have i comparison-shopped for price and
10. Have I allowed for this item in my spending
11. Do I know the seller's reputation?
12. Does the seller offer any special services with
9-11 yes answers - Consider buying the item
6-8 yes answers - Think again.
Fewer than 6 - Forget it.
(source: Consumer Credit Counselling Service of Sacramento, California, www.cccssacto.org)
trailer of confessions of a shopaholic